Fort Reno - Central Oklahoma Frontier Country

Fort Reno

Historic Fort Reno's 6,700 acres served as a military post from 1875 to 1907, an Army remount Station from 1908 to 1947, and an agricultural research laboratory since 1948. Built between 1876 and 1944, the historic buildings are adjacent to the Parade Grounds and listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The post cemetery has burials dating from 1874 to 1947, and includes a World War II German and Italian prisoner of war cemetery. Enjoy historical re-enactments, Ghosts Tours of Fort Reno, Candlelight Tours of Fort Reno, and A Fort Reno Christmas with the firing of the Christmas cannons.

Museums/Historical


Contact Information

7107 W. Cheyenne St.
El Reno, OK 73036
Website
Email

Map & Nearby