Frontier Country Presents Awards to Central Oklahoma Attractions, Communities and Events
OKLAHOMA CITY – Frontier Country Marketing Association presented 13 awards to its members and celebrated the association’s 39th anniversary during the 2017 Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon June 20 at the Grand Casino Hotel & Resort in Shawnee.
Members of central Oklahoma’s multi-county organization were asked to submit entries in eight award categories recognizing outstanding tourist attractions, exhibitions, events, communities and tourism-related businesses in Frontier Country.
This year Frontier Country also asked the public to vote on their ‘Frontier Country Fan Favorites’ in five categories. Through the oktourism.com website fans voted and the winners were recognized at the luncheon.
"Our Annual Awards Luncheon is about recognizing our membership and their contributions to tourism in central Oklahoma," said Sherri Rogers, Executive Director of Frontier Country Marketing Association. "This is our way of saying 'thank you' to all of our members who continue to do a wonderful job promoting the many communities, attractions, events and festivals throughout Frontier Country."
The following list includes Frontier Country award winners and honorable mentions:
- Frontier Country Fan Favorite Attraction: Oklahoma City Zoo
- Frontier Country Fan Favorite Children’s Attraction: Jasmine Moran Children’s Museum
- Frontier Country Fan Favorite Museum: Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
- Frontier Country Fan Favorite Restaurant: Old Germany
- Frontier Country Fan Favorite Lodging: Holiday Inn Express Bricktown
- Outstanding Event: Rock the Route – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Attraction: Express Clydesdale Barn
- Outstanding Children's Event or Attraction: Skeleton’s: Museum of Osteology – Spring Break 2017
- Outstanding Website: Visit Shawnee Inc.
- Outstanding Publication: Annual Chisholm Trail & Crawfish Festival Event Program – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Sporting Event: International Finals Rodeo IFR 47 – IPRA
- Outstanding Locally Owned Business: Express Ranches
- Outstanding Tourism Community: City of Midwest City
Frontier Country Marketing Association, a 501-c6 organization, promotes the economic growth of the tourism industry in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. For more information about FCMA or to request free travel guides and brochures, get coupons and see a full calendar of events for central Oklahoma, visit www.oktourism.com or call (405) 232-6552.
Note to Media: Photos of the luncheon and photos of award winners are available upon request or you may visit our Flickr page here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskXDWBKL