Frontier Country Marketing Association Presents Awards to Central Oklahoma Attractions, Communities, Events
Frontier Country Marketing Association presented 14 awards to its members and celebrated the association’s 38th anniversary during its 2016 Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon June 17 at the Grand Casino Hotel & Resort in Shawnee.
Members of central Oklahoma’s multi-county organization were asked to submit entries in 9 award categories recognizing outstanding tourist attractions, exhibitions, events, communities and tourism-related businesses in Frontier Country.
"Our Annual Awards Luncheon is about recognizing our membership and their contributions to tourism in central Oklahoma," said Sherri Rogers, Executive Director of Frontier Country Marketing Association. "This is our way of saying 'thank you' to all of our members who continue to do a wonderful job promoting the many communities, attractions, events and festivals throughout Frontier Country."
The following list includes Frontier Country award winners and honorable mentions:
- Outstanding Event: Redbud City Night on the Bricks – Visit Shawnee, Inc.
- Outstanding Event Honorable Mention: Iron Thistle Scottish Festival – City of Yukon and the United Scotts of Oklahoma
- Outstanding Attraction: Hey Day Entertainment
- Outstanding Website: Mickey Mantle’s Steakhouse
- Outstanding Website Honorable Mention: Edmond Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event: Downtown Norman Fall Festival – Visit Norman
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Barefootin’ Bay – White Water Bay
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event: International Finals Rodeo IFR 46 - IPRA
- Outstanding Hospitality: Sooner Legends Hotel-Restaurant-Bar in Norman
- Outstanding Hospitality Honorable Mention: The Grand Casino Hotel & Resort
- Outstanding Sporting Event: American Junior Golf Association Ping Invitation – Visit Stillwater
- Outstanding Sporting Event Honorable Mention: Yukon Senior Games – City of Yukon’s Parks and Recreation Department
- Outstanding Temporary Exhibit: America’s Road: The Journey of Route 66 – Oklahoma Hall of Fame at the Gaylord Pickens Museum
- Outstanding Tourism Community: Edmond Convention & Visitors Bureau
Frontier Country Marketing Association, a 501-c6 organization, promotes the economic growth of the tourism industry in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. For more information about FCMA or to request free travel guides and brochures, get coupons and see a full calendar of events for central Oklahoma, visit www.oktourism.com or call (405) 232-6552.