Frontier Country Marketing Assoc. Presents Awards
Country Marketing Association Honors Central Oklahoma Attractions, Communities,
OKLAHOMA CITY – Frontier Country Marketing Association presented 21 awards to its members and celebrated the association’s 35th anniversary during its 2013 Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon June 27 at the Myriad Botanical Gardens in Oklahoma City.
Members of central Oklahoma’s multi-county organization were asked to submit entries in 11 award categories recognizing outstanding tourist attractions, exhibitions, events, communities and tourism-related businesses in Frontier Country.
"Our Annual Awards Luncheon is about recognizing our membership and their contributions to tourism in central Oklahoma," said Sherri Rogers, Executive Director of Frontier Country Marketing Association. "This our way of saying 'thank you' to all of our members who continue to do a wonderful job promoting the many communities, attractions, events and festivals throughout Frontier Country."
The following list includes Frontier Country award winners and honorable mentions:
- Outstanding Event: Bethany 66 Festival – Bethany Improvement Foundation
- Outstanding Event Honorable Mention: Fiesta De Verano – Frontier City
- Outstanding Attraction: Oklahoma WONDERtorium in Stillwater
- Outstanding Attraction Honorable Mention: Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History in Norman
- Outstanding New Attraction or Event: Rip Qurl & Pipeline Wave – White Water Bay
- Outstanding New Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Starlight Supper – Downtown OKC, Inc.
- Outstanding Hospitality: Sooner Legends Hotel-Restaurant-Bar in Norman
- Outstanding Website: FrontierCity.com – Frontier City
- Outstanding Website Honorable Mention: VisitStillwater.org – Stillwater Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Temporary Exhibition: Spokies at the Festival of the Arts – Downtown OKC, Inc., Spokies and the City of Oklahoma City’s Office of Sustainability
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event: Pumpkinville at Myriad Botanical Gardens
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Oklahoma WONDERtorium in Stillwater
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event: Made in Oklahoma Wine, Beer and Food Festival – Midwest City Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: International Finals Rodeo – International Pro Rodeo Association
- Outstanding Food Festival: Taste of Yukon – City of Yukon Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Outstanding Food Festival Honorable Mention: 6 Degrees of Bacon – Downtown OKC, Inc.
- Outstanding Sporting Event: International Finals Rodeo – International Pro Rodeo Association
- Outstanding Sporting Event Honorable Mention: Wings to Fly Run – El Reno Convention & Visitors Bureau and Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Outstanding Tourism Community: Stillwater Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Tourism Community Honorable Mention: El Reno Convention & Visitors Bureau
Frontier Country Marketing Association also presented the special Governor George Nigh Award to Jasmine Moran Children’s Museum in Seminole. The honor of the Governor George Nigh Award is presented each year to a person or place that goes above and beyond to promote tourism in central Oklahoma and represent what the Lakes and Countries Association in Oklahoma is all about.
Frontier Country Marketing Association, a 501-c6 organization, promotes the economic growth of the tourism industry in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. For more information about FCMA or to request free travel guides and brochures, get coupons and see a full calendar of events, visit www.oktourism.com or call (405) 232-6552.
Photos of the luncheon and photos of award winners are available upon request or you may visit our Flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontiercountry/sets/72157634426879793/