Frontier Country Annual Awards Luncheon Highlights
Frontier Country Marketing Association Honors Central Oklahoma Attractions, Communities and Events
YUKON – Frontier Country Marketing Association presented 22 awards to its members and celebrated the association’s 37th anniversary during its 2015 Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon June 12 at Express Ranch Clydesdale Barn in Yukon.
Members of central Oklahoma’s multi-county organization were asked to submit entries in 10 award categories recognizing outstanding tourist attractions, exhibitions, events, communities and tourism-related businesses in Frontier Country.
"Our Annual Awards Luncheon is about recognizing our membership and their contributions to tourism in central Oklahoma," said Sherri Rogers, Executive Director of Frontier Country Marketing Association. "This is our way of saying 'thank you' to all of our members who continue to do a wonderful job promoting the many communities, attractions, events and festivals throughout Frontier Country."
The following list includes Frontier Country award winners and honorable mentions:
- Outstanding Event: Sounds of the Season – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Event Honorable Mention: Yukon’s Freedom Festival – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Attraction: Hey Day Entertainment in Norman
- Outstanding Attraction Honorable Mention: International Finals Rodeo IFR 45
- Outstanding New Attraction or Event: Brain Drain – Frontier City in Oklahoma City
- Outstanding New Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: United States Air Force Band Concert – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Hospitality: (TIE) Sooner Legends Hotel-Restaurant-Bar in Norman and the Grand Hotel & Casino in Shawnee
- Outstanding Hospitality Honorable Mention: Mickey Mantle’s Steakhouse in Oklahoma City.
- Outstanding Website: Hey Day Entertainment in Norman
- Outstanding Website Honorable Mention: The Grand Hotel & Casino in Shawnee
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event: Oklahoma WONDERtorium in Stillwater
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Kids Trout Fish Out – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event: International Finals Rodeo IFR 45 in Oklahoma City
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Made In Oklahoma Wine, Beer and Food Festival – City of Midwest City
- Outstanding Food Festival: Made in Oklahoma Wine, Beer & Food Festival – City of Midwest City
- Outstanding Food Festival Honorable Mention: Yukon Chocolate Festival “Affair Extraordinaire” – City of Yukon
- Outstanding Sporting Event: American Junior Golf Association Ping Invitational – Visit Stillwater
- Outstanding Sporting Event Honorable Mention: International Finals Rodeo IFR 45 in Oklahoma City
- Outstanding Tourism Community (population over 20,000) TIE: Visit Stillwater and the City of Yukon
- Outstanding Tourism Community (population under 20,000): El Reno Convention & Visitors Bureau
Frontier Country Marketing Association also presented special recognition awards that celebrated milestones and anniversaries this year. FCMA thanked each entity for welcoming visitors and promoting tourism around the world.
- 15th Anniversaries of Concerts in the Park & Taste of Yukon, presented by the City of Yukon Parks & Recreation Department.
- 15th Anniversary of Mickey Mantle’s Steakhouse in Oklahoma City
- 15th Anniversary of the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
- 20th Anniversary of Allison’s Fun Company
- Special Acknowledgement Award went to the Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum recognizing the 20th Anniversary of the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building.
- 25th Anniversary of the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum’s Chuckwagon Gathering & Children’s Cowboy Festival.
- 40th Anniversary of Eskimo Joe’s in Stillwater
- 50th Anniversary of the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
Frontier Country Marketing Association, a 501-c6 organization, promotes the economic growth of the tourism industry in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. For more information about FCMA or to request free travel guides and brochures, get coupons and see a full calendar of events for central Oklahoma, visit www.oktourism.com or call (405) 232-6552.