FCMA Presents Tourism Awards
Frontier Country Marketing Association Honors Central Oklahoma Attractions, Communities, Events
OKLAHOMA CITY – Frontier Country Marketing Association presented awards to 17 members and one media outlet during its 2012 Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon June 21 at the Devon Boathouse in Oklahoma City.
Frontier Country members were asked to submit entries in 11 award categories recognizing outstanding tourist attractions, exhibitions, events, communities and businesses in central Oklahoma’s promotion organization.
"Our Annual Awards Luncheon is about recognizing our members and their contributions to tourism in central Oklahoma," said Sherri Rogers, Executive Director of Frontier Country Marketing Association. "This our way of saying 'thank you' to all of our members who continue to do a fantastic job promoting all of the communities, attractions, events and festivals in Frontier Country."
The following list includes the winners and honorable mentions:
- Outstanding Event: Arts Trek – Mabee-Gerrer Museum of Art
- Outstanding Event Honorable Mention: Legends Weekend – Stillwater Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Attraction: Museum of Osteology
- Outstanding Attraction Honorable Mention: Moore Warren World Class IMAX – City of Moore
- Outstanding Tourism Community: Shawnee Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Tourism Community Honorable Mention: Norman Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Website: VisitNorman.com – Norman Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Website Honorable Mention: VisitMidwestCity.com – Midwest City Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Temporary Exhibition: “Oklahoma @ The Movies” – Oklahoma History Center
- Outstand Temporary Exhibition Honorable Mention: “Marking Time: Voyage to Vietnam” – Gaylord Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event: Chuckwagon Gathering & Children’s Cowboy Festival – National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum
- Outstanding Children’s Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Wacky Water Wahoo – White Water Bay
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event: Made in Oklahoma Wine, Beer and Food Festival – Midwest City Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Agritourism Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Country Cottage Primitives Lavender Farm – Shawnee Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Hospitality: Cattlemen’s Steakhouse – Stockyards City Main Street
- Outstanding Hospitality Honorable Mention: Wyndham Garden Hotel OKC Airport
- Outstanding Food Festival: El Reno Burger Day Festival – El Reno Main Street
- Outstanding Food Festival Honorable Mention: Stocktoberfest – Stockyards City Main Street
- Outstanding Sporting Event: International Finals Rodeo – International Pro Rodeo Association
- Outstanding Sporting Event Honorable Mention: Mother Road Classic Disc Golf Tournament – El Reno Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding New Attraction or Event: Oklahoma WONDERtorium – Stillwater Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding New Attraction or Event Honorable Mention: Wild West Water Works - Frontier City
Frontier Country also presented an award in the category of Outstanding Media Support to KSBI-TV for Oklahoma Live, a live show featuring entertaining newscasts about Oklahoma’s people, places and things each weekday at 1 p.m.
Special recognition with the Governor George Nigh Award was given to Aaron Martin, Director of Tourism Marketing & Volunteer Coordinator for the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum.
"This special honor of the Governor George Nigh Award is presented to Aaron because he has gone out of his way to promote tourism in central Oklahoma and represent what the Lakes and Countries Association in Oklahoma is all about," said Rogers.
Frontier Country Marketing Association, a 501-c6 organization, promotes the economic growth of the tourism industry in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. For more information about FCMA or to request free travel guides and brochures, get coupons and see a full calendar of events, visit www.oktourism.com or call (405) 232-6552.
To view photos of the luncheon, visit our Flickr page here.