The region of central Oklahoma, known as Frontier Country, is a renowned vacation destination. From the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and nostalgic Route 66 to the hometowns of country music stars Toby Keith and Garth Brooks, central Oklahoma is undoubtedly the hub of Western culture-with a contemporary flair.
Like the covered wagons and buffalo herds that made the first ruts in Oklahoma's red dirt, the Native Americans and pioneers who settled central Oklahoma made long-lasting impressions on the culture that shaped the great state. One hundred years later, Oklahoma's vibrant history has transformed the wide-open plains into a colorful, world-class destination.
A bit of Southern hospitality combined with Oklahoma pride rolled out the red carpet for Oklahoma's centennial birthday in 2007, declared by the American Bus Association as the No. 1 event in the nation.
This year, you're invited to experience exhilarating festivals, awe-inspiring museums and secret treasured places found only in Central Oklahoma Frontier Country. It's worth the trip!
For more information about Central Oklahoma Frontier Country, order our annual Travel Guide by calling 800-FUN-OKLA or clicking here.
Frontier Country Marketing Association is a non-profit, membership-based marketing association that promotes tourism in the 12 central counties of Oklahoma. With cooperative marketing programs, sponsorships, advertising and exclusive Frontier Country products as well as public relations assistance, Frontier Country Marketing Association can help your attraction, event or destination reach in-state and out-of-state travelers. Our strength is through cooperation.
Membership benefits include:
- Free listings Web site listings, calendar listings and brochure requests on oktourism.com
- Free attraction and event listings in the Frontier Country Travel Guide
- Free listings in Frontier Country Calendar of Event press releases
- Free media relations / public relations assistance and media distribution
- Free public service announcements for nonprofit members
- Free highlights in the Frontier Country Traveler electronic newsletter
- Special media promotional opportunities in and out of state
- Free attendance to monthly "Hour with an Expert" meetings
- Free government relations assistance
- Advertising opportunities in exclusive Frontier Country marketing products, sponsorships and publications
- Discount rates on advertising
- Media tour opportunities
- Discounted travel show opportunities
If you would like more information about becoming a Frontier Country member, please call us at 405-232-6552.
Thu - Clear, High: 50
Fri - Sunny, High: 64